Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 14 - Happy Valentines Day!

I had the weirdest dream this morning. I checked my clock and it was only 4am so I rolled over and went back to sleep. The dream that followed was mad, I had over slept by about three hours, missed class and was late for work. I was really panicking whilst packing a bag for the 6pm or possible the 8pm. Luckily my alarm did go off and I made it to 5:45am with Liz.

Day 14, half way point tomorrow. I feasted on left over chicken and steak (giving steak a go again but not alone this time). Just to note I'm not eating like a HUGE piece of meat, generally the size of the circle you can make with your thumb and fore finger. (Divers "OK" sign). Today I had two, one red, one white. It really helped and I felt fueled up and ready.

I tucked myself up on the third row by the back door and had two people in front of me. At last a proper restricted view. I could not see my leg in Triangle to had to feel if I was all the way down and if my arms where back and strong. Nothing major to report today. I felt new muscles in my calves today, especially locking out in standing separate leg head to knee and bring my 'behind' hip forward so two hips were in one line. My head was far from touching my towel today, goes to show how you need to take everyday as it comes. I have to mention though the awesome floor bow fellow second time challenger Melissa did today. I was behind her and caught a quick glimpse as I checked my own alignment. It was very impressive!

Yesterday I was talking with a fellow student who only started Bikram three weeks ago. We discussed the whole wiping sweat issue. I can't tell people enough not to wipe your face. I know some people physically can't stand having a wet face but you are fighting a losing battle. I did the wiping thing in my second and all time worse class ever. I will never wipe again. The more you wipe the more it comes back and the harder your body has to work to cool down. It's a habit formed from other sweaty sports but here don't do it!! I know it's uncomfortable, it's gross and stings the eyes, nose, ears but let it be. Embrace it, then forget it, concentrate on your practice, let it roll. And with that rolling sweat let everything go, cleanse and clean your body and mind "from inside out, bones to skin, finger tips to toes...."

No comments:

Post a Comment