Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy 1st birthday BYJ

Today is officially Bikram Yoga Joondalup's 1st Birthday. It's been one year since Jo opened the doors to the first and only studio in Perth's northern suburbs. In seven weeks time it will be my one year Bikram anniversary, on that day I will be commencing my pre TT 60 Day Challenge.

What a whirlwind nine months this has been. I've met some awesome, inspirational people from all walks of life, backgrounds, ages, countries, we truly are a diverse yoga community. I would never have thought I'd be on my way to becoming an instructor this time last year when I didn't even know this yoga existed. I was still leaping around in Les Mills group fitness classes and getting now where. 

Reading all the Facebook comments today so many people have be touched by the power of this yoga. All positive messages of thanks. It changed so many people's lives for the better. One of my favourite one's was "what would I be doing now if I wasn't doing yoga". That got me thinking. I've probably be leaping round that group fitness room at Arena Joondalup getting no where and not any fitter. I do miss the gym people but I've recruited my good friends from there to Bikram so I still get to see them!!

Here's to many more successful years ahead for BYJ. Not forgetting Bikram Yoga Scarborough Beach who are celebrating there first birthday next Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment