Monday, April 25, 2011

More from the seminar

Now I have come to realise it's all about progression and not striving to be perfect I am happy to map my progress and set intentions. I will try very hard not to get hung up on it and make sure I stay present and enjoy each individual class at a time. Some people may think I should let all this go, stop analysing full stop. But I like it, that's me, that's what I do.

I've just received some more photo's from the March seminar with Craig Villani. Studying these photos is like having a tutorial. I can see where I am going wrong and what I need to focus on so I do the posture in the 100% right way to get the full benefits. We all know the Bikram saying, 90% right is 100% wrong. By visually seeing yourself in a photo you can learn a lot. In class some of the postures are impossible to see if you're doing them correctly as you can't see yourself in the mirror, Rabbit for example. 

Back to Standing Separate Leg Stretching Pose. (Dandayamana-Bibhaktapada-Paschimotthanasa)





This photo shows the correct alignment for this posture. Very inspirational. Even if this is 'perfect' there is more ways of still learning and progressing. People who find this easy are told to bring their feet closer together. Does it get to the point where your feet are only head width apart? My biggest aim, apart from forehead touching the floor, is to keep my forearms and elbows close to my shins, like above.

Here's me again. My main issue is those forearms. My left one looks close but the right isn't. This was the major feedback here. I have to keep trying to pull those arms back, roll my weight forward into my toes and keep pulling to stretch out and flatten my back. Then one day that head will touch with the correct alignment.


 Here those arms have flung forward again. My head isn't too far off touching without my legs being miles and miles apart. My back needs to be flatter too.



I totally lost the plot here at the end. Laughing kicked in when I was told to whistle. It was a great honour to have been picked out for some one of one tuition. Despite being told a record five times to "get my arms back with my shins." Lot's of room for progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment