Wednesday, April 27, 2011

May Mini Challenge

May 7th marks BYJ's first birthday. It's been a whole year already since hot, sweaty yoga came to the Northern Suburbs where I first discovered it. Originally there was going to be another 30 Day Challenge but instead there will be a mini one day challenge to mark the occasion. 

The challenge is to take FOUR classes in ONE day. At first I thought this was totally insane and crazy especially as they are back to back's. Then I was told it is possible you just need to put your mind to it. So I have. I shall give it a go, prepare myself well and see what happens. I even rescheduled an already booked massage so I could take part.

There will be two classes in the  morning, 7:30am and 9:30am. Then two in the afternoon, 2pm and 4pm. There will be a lunch break to hydrate and eat something from 11:30am till 1:30am. I'm thinking protein, salt, coconut water. My favourite almond/cashew spread will be playing a major part in my pre class snacking. I'll also up my electrolyte capsule in take and make sure I get some nuun's in in between the back to back's. 

No expectations, no fear. If I end up on the floor for the whole of the 4pm, then that's the way it rolls. One thing though I shall be changing positions round the room for each class, as well as changing my clothes and towel. Rash prevention measures!

Any Perth-lings wishing to participate get your name on the list at reception. Current BYJ membership is valid or for those on a casual class pass/other studio pass it's $50.

May Challenge Poster - designed by me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment