Sunday, April 8, 2012

New adventures

To grow personally & professionally sometimes you need to get out of your comfort zone & experience something/somewhere new. One of our much loved local instructors is doing just that. The lovely Kira waved goodbye to all four Bikram studios this week to start a new adventure. A yoga based one of course!! Kira will be staff at the up coming BYTT Spring training. Where this takes her next is an open book. What we do know is she is not planning on coming back to Perth full time (hopefully for visits tho!) & returning to her home shore of Tasmania. 

42 students & staff arrived for the Monday 6pm class to cheer Kira on in what would be her last class at BYJ. What a great class. The energy was a little crazy, it was HOT, it was HUMID, we all had to squeeze in close, the sweat was flying and by the end so were the tears. Apart from me, so wanted to cry but still my tear ducts have forgotten how to work. How can I not cry when Kira sealed her class with this beautiful poem;
“You have no idea how hard I've looked for a gift to bring you. Nothing seemed right.
What's the point of bringing gold to the gold mine, or water to the ocean.
Everything I came up with was like taking spices to the Orient.
It's no good giving you my heart and my soul, because you already have these.
So I've brought you a mirror.
Look at yourself and remember me” (~Rumi)
We all wish Kira the best of luck on her new journey. I am so sure her light will be shining brighter than ever. I'll miss you but I know our paths will cross again. 

Namaste x

How can we keep this to ourselves, share the love!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment