Saturday, March 3, 2012

Byron Bay Tea

I am hopeless at resisting spur of the moment purchases. The one's that if I don't get it right there & then, there isn't a chance I'll be going back to that shop so I might as well get it, type of purchase. Usually I'm quite good, I take a step back and think really hard whether I really need that thing I am about to buy. Last year's die hard savings plan made this even easier. This year however, even though there are still bills to pay, I'm allowing a little bit of indulgence now and again. Starting today.

It's been over a year now since I treated myself to an amazing massage at the Bodhi J day spa. I discovered this gem of a place just before I made the pledge to go to Fall TT. Alas the savings plan could not justify trips to day spa's, despite how much they would actually have benefited my well being leading up to teacher training. I made do with weekly physio that I could claim on my health insurance. 

Today I returned. It was just as amazing. My shoulders & lower back loved the deep tissue massage. My legs however are carrying a lot of toxins. They needed a good strong pummeling. The cottage cheese on them is surely evidence enough.

Anyway, my impulse buy today was some herbal tea. After the treatment you're always served with a fruit platter and the tea of the month. Obviously said tea can be purchased. Usually I'm like, yes nice tea but I have hundreds of boxes of herbal tea at home. I'm a bit of a sucker for it. Buy a box, drink it for a bit, then never finish it, my pantry has many a half full box in it. 

Today however the tea was amazing!!!! From the superb Byron Bay Tea Co. - Energy Tea - green tea and berries. YUM! I tried a lot of this brand's tea whilst on a retreat there a year ago. It's good stuff and organic. It's described as ' a healthy alternative to coffee.' Perk you up any time of day with Siberian Ginseng, blackcurrants, strawberries, blackberries, hibiscus, rosehips, bilberries and elderberries. It may seem pricey at $17 a box but that's only 48 cents a cup. You wouldn't get 35 Starbucks coffees for $17 would you? (come on, I have to justify everything you all know that!)

Worth every dollar. It's an nice attractive deep pink/purple colour too, which is great whilst in my glass defusing pot but I'm not fancy enough to have those glass tea cup/glasses things ;-)

Rather nice packaging too

No comments:

Post a Comment