Sunday, May 6, 2012

Gritty truths

Cards on the table I'm wacked today (Sunday). A post by Lisa at Just Here, Just Now inspired me to write an upfront piece. I do feel I paint a sunshine & rainbows account of my yogi life here. I skip the downsides or skirt over them too often.

I woke up at 11am, yes how late is that for someone who usually is up hours before sunrise. I pulled a crazy, teaching late night Thurs & 5:45am Friday. Being a little wired after Thursday's class I laid on the coach watching tv for a while to come down. That must have been 10:30pm, I woke up at 12:15am, crawled into bed for the total of four hours before my alarm went off. Or didn't coz I actually woke up naturally before the alarm at 4am. Hmm maybe not that natural as I always get alarm anxiety before teaching an early, petrified it won't go off & the students won't get their morning yoga fix. 

Saturday I woke refreshed without an alarm & headed to BYSB for class. Randomly I ended up helping with sign in. This is happening a lot recently, I turn up to practice & end up working. It's not a problem, I am happy to help when help is needed. I can't just stand there watching someone struggle just because 'it's not my shift'. I had an awesome class with my dear TT bud Jas. I smiled my way through a steamy, juicy, 90 minutes of yoga joy. 

After class I hit the Sheridan 80% off sale. Snagged $600 worth of fine bedding for $80!! Happy days. Except my detour left me with less time to get the food shopping/last minute Bali bits n pieces in. I ended up with 45 minutes to unload shopping, make lunch, unpack practice bag, repack teaching bag, dress for teaching & get on the road again. 

The 4pm class was awesome. Great turn out. I did make some scatty tongue twisted oppsies which I managed to laugh off. My three newbies survived & did great. It was brilliant to see a few familiar faces I'd not seen for a while too.  (*waves* Coral & Kellie)

6:15pm back on the road home again. Quick turn around, a can of diet coke (Emergency caffeine needed!) and back on the road to take The Man to a gig. For a stoner rock band I had no clue of. We met up with some of his old friends which was great. About an hour in I was done. I stuck it out as I had to. Home at 2am after a detour to Alfred's for a steak burger I didn't end up eating!

No wonder I slept in till late! I seriously felt I'd be run over by a truck this morning. I'm skipping yoga today despite I really wanting to take Kana's first class at BYSB. There will be other times. I have so much to do. I need to pack for Bali! I've ended up writing instead. 

So here is the truth. Don't get me wrong I love my life right now, I am more than grateful for the cards I have been dealt. This is what has suffered whilst I've been out & about yoga-ering/working full time. My house isn't as shiny as it should be. The Man has been busy outdoors winter proofing the chicken yards and fixing up his bike. (This is his yoga so I will not deny him his hobbies) Neither of us has had time to tend to the house work. Ready, wait for it... the gritty truth.... photos of my disgusting, filthy kitchen. No washing up has been done since, let's see possibly Tuesday.

Pure filth, we officially have no clean forks.

Anyone in the Perth area feeling like doing some cleaning - knock yourself out!
It's next on the list. I reordered the linen cupboard already to fit in the new bedding. Mean feat as it's Super King Size, that's a lot of linen. Small piles of packing are scattered around the spare room. Five days in Bali is a no brainer: shorts, singlets, bikini's, a couple of sundresses - check! I will get everything in order this fine Sunday so I can leave for my holiday happy everything is clean, shiny, tidy and DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment