Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 7 & 8

One week to go here at BYTT Fall 2011. It's nearly over. Apologies to my one reader for not posting last week (Hi H, hahaha!) I skipped town & went to Las Vegas. Posture clinics wrapped up so I took advantage of the fact I wouldn't be chained to studying to go visit with my friend Liz for some R & R, tea & sympathy, shopping & a show. After an hours conversation on Sunday night I woke up and just knew I had to go. 

It was great. The desert is a very powerful place to be. I left a lot of things in the crator and came back refreshed and ready. I got to see my idol Holly Madison live in her awesome burlesque extravaganza 'Peep Show.' I shopped till I dropped and had some much needed 'me' time. It may seem weird going from one artificial bubble to the next but it worked out easier to jump on a plane to Nevada than try and get around LA by oneself. I needed to get out of here. Don't get me wrong I have loved my experience here, the yoga, even all the lectures haven't been as grueling as I thought it would. The only thing that I have let get me down are the people. 

I don't want to go into details but it has saddened me that friends I thought I'd have for life I am now doubting. It might just be my raw emotional state but I  the past two weeks have left me feeling like a 'tag along' only being asked out because of obligation or actually not being asked at all now. No drama. We're all adults here. It has made me go out and find people on my level. With nearly 400 of us I shouldn't be restricting myself to the same people, so many people to know, so little time. Only yesterday I met another Aussie girl who I didn't know existed. These are the people I feel I need to bond with for future connections, after all there is a great chance we can help each other out with classes/couches when we get back down under.We have team Australia dinner tonight so we'll get the chance!!

Dialogue has not stopped. My posture chicks and I have worked hard this week stringing together 4-5 postures. One set both sides. It throws you. Especially when you're faced with a 20 second savasana and your mind goes blank as to what is next!!! I can't wait to get back to teach. I feel ready to give it a go, I need to start the next phase of teaching, teaching, teaching. 

Our studio director Miss Jo dropped by last week and brought BYSB's director with her. So great to see them. We had a team Perth dinner and caught up on the gossip. Apparently the 'parallel universe' of training and the weird and wonderful things that go on happen every training. You have to be here to understand. 

Body wise I have got progressively stiffer and more sore as the weeks have gone on. Sitting down crossed legged is near impossible. I even thought the plane seat last week felt like bliss compared to the lecture room chairs. How sad is that.

I will definitely miss my posture group #7. We had an awesome night out on Saturday and shared hilarious stories of each of our different experiences. I know I have friends for life from this group. We also have three of our group in the demo team for graduation!!!! Go Neda, Liz & JJ. (Also Aussie Kaz!) 

I'm off, my last Sunday and I'm spending it with my Brit pack gang down Venice beach. This time next week I'll have my certificate in my hand and be packing my bags to get the hell out of here and back to The Man. I'm allowing myself now to miss him and I need to get back to the farm & out of the city asap!

8 comments:

  1. You have more than one reader. I have been anxiously awaiting a post. Thanks! And..You made it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for reading & thanks for your well wishes. Keep watching for the final installment next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reader number three checking in! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you were able to get out and enjoy Las Vegas :)

    Also, thank you for saying lectures weren't quite as grueling as you had thought. I want to go to TT at one point, and having attended a Bikram lecture recently... frankly, I've been very worried about the lectures at TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reading Simmm. When it's all finished here I'll write a 'less edited' full breakdown/survival guide from my POW (it's still a copy righted course so can't actually talk about the content tho). I am being careful what I say u never know who'd reading right now!!!!

    But yes lectures are very easily managed with a few simple tricks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to reading it!!! Enjoy Week 9!

    ReplyDelete
  6. xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxxx xx x x...!!
    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone I aim to finish on a high & let nothing steal my peace. I've come a long way in these 9 weeks & no one is gonna spoil it for me!!!

    Thank H big love back xoxoxoxx

    ReplyDelete